- Title: Clinical Endocrinology of Companion Animals
- Released: 2012-11-13
- Pages: 536
- ASIN: B00B9IYANA
“The chapters have been written by a panel of internationally renowned authors, presenting the latest knowledge and treatment guidelines. It is therefore not only designed for the general practitioner needing help in the busy daily practice, but also for specialists in internal medicine.” (Veterinary Record, 10 August 2013)
“A practical tool for the busy practitioner.” (Vets Today, 1 June 2013)
From the Back Cover
Clinical Endocrinology of Companion Animals offers fast access to clinically relevant information on managing the patient with endocrine disease. Written by leading experts in veterinary endocrinology, each chapter takes the same structure to aid in the rapid retrieval of information, offering information on pathogenesis, signalment, clinical signs, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, and prevention for a broad list of endocrine disorders. Chapters begin with brief summaries for quick reference, then delve into greater detail.
With complete coverage of the most common endocrine diseases, the book includes chapters on conditions in dogs, cats, horses, ferrets, reptiles, and other species. Clinical Endocrinology of Companion Animals is a highly practical resource for any veterinarian treating these common diseases.
- Provides a quick reference on effectively treating patients with endocrine disorders
- Offers a consistent presentation for ease of use
- Covers the most common endocrine diseases encountered in daily practice
- Written by top veterinary endocrinologists
- Encompasses small animal, exotic, and equine practice
- Allows fast access to information in the consulting room or in the field