- Title: Timecode A User's Guide
- Released: 1993-01-31
- Pages: 276
- ASIN: B001GS7MZ6
With the expansion of non-traditional television service producers (cable, satellite and video-on-demand) almost anything hoes as far as shooting and editing formats are concerned.
Timecode: A User's Guide is an indispensable reference for anyone needing to get to grips with the many aspects of timecode, whether in-house or on location.
Taking into account these changes this book has now been brought completely up to date to include:
* timecode and DVD, LTC & VITC in HANC packets in the serial digital TV interfaces
* timecode in IEEE1395 (Firewire)
* timecode and digital video cassettes
* new recording formats of DVD, DV mini cassettes and D6 are included
* 4:3 scanning for wide-screen films - standards updated
* new material to cover new working practices
* new appendices to cover the global LF time data transmissions and time data embedded in BBC transmissions
Advice is also given on avoiding and remedying faults and errors.