- Title: Henke's Med-Math: Dosage Calculation, Preparation & Administration (Bucholz, Henke's Med-Math)
- Author: Susan Buchholz RN MSN
- Released: 2011-11-29
- Pages: 480
- ISBN: 1608317994
- ISBN13: 978-1608317998
- ASIN: 1608317994
Visually appealing and accessible, this best-selling, popular textbook takes the anxiety out of learning dosage calculation and medication administration. The 7th edition has been revised to thoroughly integrate the dimensional analysis method of dosage calculation into every example.
In every chapter:
· Current drug labels bring the calculation exercises into the real world
· “Critical Thinking” and “Putting It Together” features help students apply their learning through realistic case studies and critical thinking questions
· The new “Research Point” feature introduces evidence-based learning by presenting summaries of current research
· Frequent Self-Tests dispersed throughout the chapter and Proficiency Tests at the end of every chapter give students immediate opportunities to test their own knowledge
Plus, more resources are available to students on thePoint, including Journal Articles, Dosage Calculation Quizzes, and Watch and Learn Videos and Concepts in Action Animations on medication preparation and methods of administration. In addition, a robust Test Generator and PowerPoint presentations are available for instructors.
Henke’s Med-Math provides the practice that “makes perfect” in this important area of nursing care: dosage calculation, preparation, and administration.This best-selling text features a highly visual, hands-on approach to learning dosage calculations and principles of drug administration. It presents step-by-step approaches to solving problems and includes dosage problems that simulate actual clinical experience. Each chapter includes numerous examples, self-tests, and proficiency tests.