- Title: Secrets of a Millionaire Real Estate Investor
- Author: Robert Shemin
- Released: 2000-06-22
- Pages: 288
- ISBN: 0793137055
- ISBN13: 978-0793137053
- ASIN: 0793137055
TAKE THE HIGH ROAD TO HIGH PROFITS!
Thinking of making a killing in real estate investing? Dont be misled by the one size fits all infomercials and seminars that promise instant riches. According to lawyer-MBA-turned-real-estate-investor Robert Shemin, it is possible to legitimately amass substantial wealth, help people, and have fun doing it.
Given the right tools, nearly anyone can make money investing in real estate. Shemins goal is to provide novice and seasoned investors with tools that he has used to amass a real estate portfolio worth millions of dollars.
Shemins strategies include:
* A good deal is at least 40 percent below market value.
* Negotiate to understand the owners real needs in the transaction.
* In-depth property analysis and savvy networking can spell the difference between turning a profit or not.
* Keep in mind the type of buyer needed for the property before you make the offer.
* Being a good landlord and returning value to the community is the surest way to build optimal long-term profits.
About the Author Robert Shemin has become a regular on the Montel Williams television show with his National Landlord’s Challenge, a philanthropic, yet profitable endeavor. For every landlord with 50 or more properties, Shemin recommends helping a homeless family become a property owner, with the first year’s rent set aside for down payment on the home.
A multimillionaire in his early 30s, Shemin earned law and MBA degrees from Emory University, Atlanta. He worked for the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica before joining Goldman Sachs, where he worked in securities. Since starting in real estate investing, Shemin has put together more than 450 deals and owns more than 100 properties. He trains would-be investors in his high-integrity methods and has appeared on national television, including Montel Williams, HGTV, Leeza, Crook and Chase, and others.pdf